TWEAKING THINKERS . . . !

" New Age Fallacy - When You Cannot Do Anything Good, Claim Whatever You Do Is The Best !" . . . . . np

Conning The Conscience . . .

Hello! First and foremost apologizes for disappearing. I have been terribly busy doing absolutely nothing. Lazing around is quite a daunting task and takes a heavy toll on one's mind. But here I am back to bug you! And I might as well add that I really appreciate the lovely response that I have got. (people consume anything these days and even go on to praise it)

Quite a few of us do come across many 'self-improvement' articles in various publications especially womens magazines (the only thing that I read) or tabloids. Especially, the ones which make us feel happy about ourselves. No, not the ones which truly make us realize the significance of the things that should be important to us or things that we generally do. Instead, the ones which make us feel happy about anything and everything that we are doing. The articles that I am pointing out are generally titled like "Don't Be Guilty" , " Its Not Worth It" , " Honesty Isn't Always the Best Policy" etc.( can you believe it? womans magazine are proving to be my research material ) Their topics range from infidelity to ignoring family members etc. What I find most amusing is the explanation that they provide and their assurances how it will work for the reader. I'll try listing a few; 'An extra marital affair can enhance your self esteem' ; ' Harmless flirting makes you aware how attractive you are' ; ' Confessing your past can actually ruin your relationship' ; and the last one takes the cake 'Cheating on your partner can actually improve your relationship quotient'. Amazing, isn't it? I mean what kind of ridiculous self development advice is this? If a person is guilty about any of the above stated scenarios and wants to make amends and feel at peace by any possible way, you are telling him that there's absolutely nothing to feel guilty about! I am not getting into whether the person in the above situation is right or wrong or the morals of it, all I am trying to SAY is that by believing the articles, we are subsiding the voice of our conscience(remember Sonia Gandhi's inner voice-something less calculative than that) . Anyway, it is quite silent on most issues throughout our life. If at all it raises its ugly head while paying a bribe or being a mute spectator to everyday injustice, our defense mechanism overpowers it - "How am I alone going to make any difference?" We cheat on our inner voice enough anyway! How about not buying these fake article theories (for buying womens magazines try raddiwala- great deals) And for once not 'CON'ning the CONSCIENCE?

So go ahead, and have as many affairs as you want! (as if you wanted my permission or advice)
Its my first attempt to reduce the size of the post. Send in your comments, till then be happy(after having multiple affairs, who wouldn't be?) and spread the cheer . . . . .np

0 comments: